Originally Posted by Jswim89 View Post
Forgot to add symptoms...

I am constantly feeling out of it like in a haze . foggy feeling

headaches

pressure on top of my head

dizziness

and ears sometimes hurt
hey jswim-

I'm SO glad you found us. I to am a division 1 athlete (lacrosse) and have been dealing with PCS since october. I've missed my entire senior year not only on the field, but socially. So, as kelly said- we can really relate here. I cannot believe you lost your scholorship? It doesn't sound like you are getting the support you need at your school. Is this because you sustained your concussion outside of swimming? If so, I hope they are still providing you with medical support?

I have some pretty uplifting news myself that hopefully will have any readers feel hopeful. After 7 months of hell i am FINALLY feeling like myself again. I to had severe headaches, a foggy sensation, dizziness and now have a neck and back problem.

I knew I was getting better when I was able to travel with my team down to our conference tournament, sit through and actively engage in conversation at dinner two nights in row and I don't have to wear earplugs anymore to block out noises. I was able to do all of this with out feeling like I did to much, or have to excuse myself because I was getting a pounding headache/feel pressure building up in my head from talking to much.

Up until a week ago I had serious doubts that I was ever going to get better, and it was downright depressing. After having a string of really good days I am feeling more confidant than I ever have about recovering fully. At the same time, I've become so accustomed to feeling this way, that a.) it feels to good to be true and b.) I'm terrified I'm going to relapse. BUT, I try my best to block these thoughts out and KNOW that I am getting better.

Tomorrow I am heading down to Buffalo to the concussion clinic. I am SO excited. My teams athletic trainer has been administering work outs for me on the bike. I'm up to 11 1/2 minutes on the arydine bike at level 2.5. I started out going for 5 minutes at level 0.6 and have slowly and steadily worked my way up. The number one thing to remember when trying to introduce exercise is to ALWAYS stay beneath your threshold. This means any onslaught of symptoms warrants an immediate stop! I know you are looking forward to getting back in the gym but if two minutes is all you can handle at a steady pace before you get a headache, then two minutes is all you can do. That also means that the next day you can try going for 2 1/2, and so and so forth.

I'll be posting to let everyone know how my appointment goes tomorrow!

Erica
erica21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote