Thread: Wish me luck!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim ames View Post
Cindi.

I just went for my SSDI psych eval two weeks ago. I took my husband with me and he sat in on the entire evaluation.

I live in MD, so I know that each state has different protocols (sp?). My evaluation went (so I thought) very well. The doctor was very kind and sympathetic. I feel like I "passed"...I was told by SSDI that RSD is not always considered a disability, but ANY psychological issues are almost always considered for an instant approval. I have depression, anxiety and PTSD, so the doctor jumped right on that. (Honestly, I think all of us here have some depression, etc. -- I mean, how could we NOT?)

I did tell the doctor that I was medicated heavily. Someone posted here (fmichael?) that we should ALWAYS state that we are medicated, so it gives us a little wiggle room with our answers.

I'm sure it will go well for you. Just try to relax and be honest. Let us know how it went.

Good luck,

Kim
I hope you get your SSDI. I am getting my paperwork together, what you wrote helps me too-thank you. Have phone numbers and conditions Dr. diagnosed- Of course depression, anxiety, I have fibromyalgia, Trigeminal Nerve pain in left temple, PTSD, Need to get Sleep Apnea and RA confirmed with tests. What a mess. Also been diagnosed with Diverticulitis. Had a MRI confirmed Bulging Disc in neck from a fall, Also have internal RSD in Pelvic area confirmed. It's pretty bad. Arizona heat is going to be a challenge. Darold is putting in window unit in my room to keep it as cold as I want. My Gyn is trying to find a formula for an internal cream of ketamine lidocaine ??
I agree to say we are under medication, I know most reporters ask if we under influence of medication during the swearing in for deposition.
Kim do you think you will get the SSDI during your first try? I hope so. Do you have any hints for me? Thanks, your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote