View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

First off, MRI's and x-rays will rarely show the slight alignment problems with your back and neck. A chiropractor may be able to help you, especially one with expertise with upper cervical skills (skull to C-1).

Some DO's may have good spine skills but the majority do not get the level of expert training needed to be helpful.

Maybe an PT with good skills at myofacial release may be able to help. Most PT's have some knowledge of MyoFacial Release but are not experts at it. I have had the same problems. Only 2 out of 10 chiropractors could help me and about the same with PT's. Keep looking for a chiro or PT that can help.

Some massage therapists can work your back well enough to help. Ask you PT if you can use a take home traction rig to gently stretch your neck.

Some PT's have a traction bed you can lay on on a frequent basis.

There is a medication called Soma (carisoprodol) that will relax your postural muscles to help you spine 'settle in.' It is not recommended for long term use but for a day or two may be helpful. Ask you MD. If you are prescribed some, find a place where you can relax in a straight and supported position, maybe even with a bit of traction like at your PT's. Do not do vigorous exercise while using Soma.

Be careful with driving, etc. If your concussion symptoms get worse, tell your doctor.

Be careful.

I hope this helps.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote