Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Book Intro

Hello Everyone. I have never done anything like this but I'm feeling a bit lost lately.
I have postherpetic neuralgia (from shingles). I've had PHN since April 2000. While it has gotten better, it still keeps me home anytime I don't HAVE to go somewhere. It's on my left shoulder and I cannot stand to have clothing, or anything, on my shoulder. I'm looking for new info., support, treatments, anything to help. Validation is so important w/something like this, isn't it? I just want people in my life to know that I'm not crazy, I'm not making this up and the pain is in my shoulder, not my head!
I've tried Neurontin twice, antidepressants, Lidocaine patch,( what a clever idea that was for a person who cannot stand the sensation of even a light breeze!), accupuncture (which helped somewhat), I even went so far as to get ganglion blocks w/o the benefit of anesthesia. The worst experience by far. A huge needle thru the front of the neck, which felt a lot like suffocation!
I haven't tried anything since the blocks cuz of the futility of it all. I don't have any hope for Lyrica (or any pill) and after reading the side effects, I do not believe it would be worth it even to try it.
I did hear years ago about patients having nerves surgically severed and was wondering if I could find any info about such a procedure.
I Thank everyone of you who took time to read this tome. Looking forward to feedback .
moon and stars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote