View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner63 View Post
I had a car wreck 4 weeks ago. Blacked out momentarily. Main treatment is chiropractic adjustments for pain (severe enough to cause dizziness/nausea).

1 1/2 weeks ago my doctor diagnosed me with PCS. I have short-term memory loss (can usually recall things when someone mentions them), dizziness (on and off, usually accompanied by nauseau), noise sensitivity (can handle music but being in a room full of people talking is awful), a few episodes of blurred vision, impulsiveness on a few occasions, lack of attention, highly emotional (to the point of crying about things that aren't important at all), unable to concentrate or work (computer work which requires a lot of thinking). The worst was a possible anxiety attack (dizzy, tingling down to fingers on both hands, hard to talk/tongue felt weird, very shaky - kids called 911 and assessment was done with blood pressure and pulse a little high; they thought I hyperventilated. Worst was over within 2 minutes.). Went back to doctor the next morning and now I am scheduled for CT Scan today.

I am taking Soma (muscle relaxer 350mg 1/2 at morning; 1/2 at night) for ongoing muscle spasms. Other than that over the counter ibuprofen or tylenol for pain. Icing neck after chiropractic adjustments.

Haven't been able to work this whole time - just can't concentrate or think to do what needs to be done. I keep thinking when will this all go away and my life go back to normal.

Since the panic attack? 2 days ago I'm worried it or something worse will happen. I'm trying to relax but it's not so easy to do.
HELLO My car accident was in 2008 just after the accident I had all the symptoms you stated. I went through a battery of tests but like most TBI's things didn't show up on the tests. I rehabilitated my self as far as walking and speech difficulties. It takes time. The dizziness, balance, sensitivity to light and noise all went away.I still can't handle a lot of things going on at once. Major issues with implusiveness, lack of concentration, cognative difficulties some days better then others. I get emotional mood swings, anxiety and panic attacks, tinging and numbness, muscle spasms and twiching when off my meds. The worst is my irritablity, anger and rages. I understand where you are coming from. It's hard but we have to try to except what we can't change and know that it is not known what will be regained or what won't be. Try to take one step at a time and be careful of overloading. I hope it helps to know that someone has and is going through things like you are. Add me to chat.
Kimmyann 1669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote