View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyriverrugby11 View Post
I am 20 years old, and will turn 21 in April. I have had multiple concussions as I participated in Football and Wrestling in high school, and then went on to play a year of college football. I've been playing rugby, until last spring during a game I was kneed to the head, received 20 stitches, and another concussion......I then returned to play 3 weeks later, with no real problems. The next week at a rugby tourny the first game I felt concussion symptoms again and then took my self out of the game. That was May of '09 and I have had this hell since. Symptoms are/were nausea, migraines, hazy, no motivation, depression, dizzy, zoned out. I was on Amitriptyline for 6 months, which I've recently weened my self off. I have not been able to lift weights or train since, which was the biggest part of my life. At first I pushed through it like athletes are taught, as it was engrained in me to do so personally. Drinking is up and down as some times Ill feel fine and laugh and be loud as I usually am, and then other times I'll feel stuck or in a haze, basically feel like garbage. I've always been the loud, funny, and people person my whole life, and now it all seems gone.....Depression is what becomes of this, which no one ever wants to admit, but when your whole life has been taken away for damn near a year, it what becomes of it.......if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it greatly or strories of someone who has become them selves again after a long struggle with Post Concussion Syndrome.....I'd appreciate it more than anyone could imagine.......Thank you very much
Hi I can't say that I have or can go back to whom I was. This thing changes every thing in our lives. It took me a long while to understand I will never be the person I was and this is who I am now. I had work as a nurse for at least 15yrs and now will never be able to go back to the thing I loved. I wish I had some great words of wisdom but I don't. It is amazing that one split second your not who you were. I am trying very hard to figure out who I am now. All I know is somethings will return and somethings won't but no one knows how the outcome will go. Try to take one day at a time it's easy for us to overload. Some days we might be able to do this others we won't be able to just know that we have support here and can share our troubles and heartaches. Add me if you want. I hope I helped in someway. Take care. Kimmy
Kimmyann 1669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote