Thread: Worried
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Worried

About 3 years ago my grandfather passed away. He was a myasthenia gravis patient. He had the disease for almost 20 years. My concern is if I also have the disease. Has anyone heard of it being hereditary? The reason I have concern is I am having some symptoms. Recently I am recovering from Bell's Palsy. I am pretty confident that is what I had because I eye lid was not drooping, but in fact I had trouble shutting my eye. That is a classic bell's sign. however since then I have developed muscle twitches all over my body. They can occur anywhere and only strike when the muscle is rested. After about 1 week of that I began having odd sensations in my legs. They almost felt like I had just worked out. Then my legs became sore. Then yesterday my hands got sore after using them. I can't say that I have had noticeable weakness. As I have still been able to do all of my daily activities. I have 2 little boys, and and I can pick them up and walk up and down the steps. The really odd thing is today my legs and arms feel fine (totally out of the blue), but my abdomen feel like I did sit ups. Again I can stand without assistance. I also have a feeling of a lump in my throat. I am not having trouble swallowing though. The lump in my throat is most likely due to stress of worrying about this disease. Just curious if anyone on here has any answers for me, or if any of this sounds like begining MG. Thanks!
mhswarriors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote