Thread: Worried
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 03:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Hi, I'm the unofficial "get your thyroid tested!" person on the list. Like Jana says, autoimmune diseases run in families. Graves' disease (hyperthyroidism) is an autoimmune disease. It causes weird symptoms. It's very easy to test for, and easy to treat.

Abby
I actually have hypothyroidism....Diagnosed last summer. I take 50 micrograms of Levothyroxine for it. Do any of your get muscle twitches? the twitches are the most bothersome thing. They don't hurt, just annoying. I have heard the muscle twitches are NOT a symptom of Mg, but a result of medication, which I am not on. I agree that part if not all of this is mental. The Bells Palsy really bothered me. My grandfather was positive for the blood work and definetly had MG.

BTW the lump in the throat feeling is almost gone now, and I have no other symptoms today other than the twitches when I am relaxed. well I did get a diagnosis of a weak eye yesterday, but he said that is not related. I only have double vision if I am looking at something up close and relax my eyes to a point when it goes double. I have NO problem putting it right back to normal.
mhswarriors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote