Thread: Worried
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 03:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
Are your symptoms like MG?? Maybe, maybe not. The mind CAN play tricks on you if you are under stress. Did your grandfather have the antibodies -- did he have positive bloodwork? If so, you might want to get the test IF you have good insurance (it is fairly expensive).

Autoimmunes tend to run in families -- but, there are a LOT of autoimmunes. Your grandfather could have MG and you could end up with MS. There are families where more than one member has MG -- but, it is NOT an automatic thing.

Some of us do have trouble closing our eyes. Our legs feel like lead -- very heavy to pick up. I do sometimes have the sensation of a lump in my throat. Have you had any liquid you swallow come back out of your nose?
I have not had any liquid come out my nose, and my legs certainly don't feel like lead. I am going to a neuro on May 25th. I have an HMO so they will cover the blood test. I don't think this is MG, but it's hard to shake the thought. Do you have muscle twitches that preceeded any treatment? I have heard the muscle twitches are NOT a sign of MG, but a side affect of the meds (like prednisone, which I toolk for the palsy, but haven't had for 2.5 weeks). I have also heard the muscle twitches before any weakness are not a sign of a neurological disorder, but a benign condition. I hope that is the case.
mhswarriors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote