View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sos51 View Post
I think this is brilliant, as I cannot get ER's and hospitals to stop taking blood and inserting IV's into my elbows and on the hard underside of my arms. They just will not listen. Last time, I had to threaten to take it out myself because my arm was turning cold and purple. They don't get it. My only hesitation is that so few medical people know anything about RSD, I'm not sure how the bracelet will help. Dr.'s inserted an IV on the hard underside of my arm when I was unconscious, even though it is all over my chart, and there was even a note above my bed, saying NOT to do this. When I woke up and saw it, I said, you guys aren't supposed to do that. Response? "Yeah, we had a really hard time getting it in there, and it infiltrated right away, so we couldn't use it." I want to kill these morons sometimes.
I wear a bracelet also..all of the time! Actually two..one is a pretty gold bracelet which I had engraved with "RSD/CRPS" SCS IMPLANT..the other on the same wrist is an orange RSD awareness bracelet which I ordered from the RSD web.. If ever we are unconcious or not able to speak it is important we do not receive heart paddles and such...

Hugz, kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (05-17-2010), Lisa in Ohio (05-12-2010), Momlovetobake (05-16-2010)