View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsmomma View Post
Asb-

Thanks for taking time to respond. My family has become less sympathetic to my CRPS I feel. My doctor had instructed me to use my arm as much as possible because he doesn't want muscle waste. I have been trying to not complain, do as much as possible etc. But with that comes "you must be better!" If they only knew that once they are gone, I am in the bed crying my eyes out because I have over done it. My husband argues the syndrome/disease issue. No one understands why nothing has fixed me, neither do I.

I was hoping by finding this site I would find answers but seeing that you are the only one to respond I am guessing everyone is pretty much in the same boat and don't have any answers.
Oh gatorsmomma... I am sorryfor your RSD.. you will get more responses soon..We're a close nit group/family here who care a bunch about eachother...RSD is a bear...You will get many good tips and advice here with us..There is no cure, I am sorry and not everyone responds to the same intervention the same either..I for one can not take any pain meds so I am cold turkey RSD for 3 years, full body/internal..beginning due to a knee operation.. Never use cold anything on the affected area..be sure to read a ton and become educated...here and the RSDSA website..Due to it's rarity we seem to lack support by the Dr.s and ins. coverage for help but we try to help eachother thru this miserible illness... It is very important you have a knowledgeable anestesia or Pain management doctor..and if caught early enough it is best for interventions to help you... AND plz. get a conselor as you really need someone to speak with..You and your family as well as friends are all going thru this together but it affects you all differently..Many phases to go thru on a daily basis..Please..try to stay positive and lean on us..ask questions..swing..kick and most of all hold hope in your heart as life is still precious just our priorities get stacked a bit different.....

Nice to have you here with us but very sad you have RSD....

hugz, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gatorsmomma (05-13-2010), Kakimbo (05-12-2010), loretta (05-13-2010)