Thread: Employment
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 05:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Employment

Hi, well I saw the PT today and she and I discussed the increase of symtopms now that I am using m hand for stuff around the house. The tingly and numbness. She, after looking at my arm/hand and doing some tests said I have the starts or actually the disorder of Carpal Tunnel and Ulnar tunnel syndrome. This ontop of RSI and tennis elbow. So i asked her about my tightness in my neck and back and how I have it alot. I have headaches almost every day - when I work they are more intesnse and dont go away. So she told me to ask for a referral to a head and neck PT. Done, calling tomorrow for an appt. I told her that I had been online speaking to some people with TOS and that I should ask. Her face lit up - and she said that is a possibility. She then noted that in teh computer. So - this is what brought up the head and neck pt. She was leading there talking about the place in the neck where this all goes thru - so I piggy backed on it with my questions. I think she knows about it - so well see. I know she will talk to the other PT I will be seeing since she said something.

She set me up on the H wave too - that was interesting. She had me on 5 and told me to increase it to 6. I was on 5 for 15 min and started to increase. This is not for me past 5. I had horrible pain and cramping in my forearm on hte underside. I turned it down and would not go away so I turned it off - then put it back up. We did alternating baths in warm and cool water. She decided to not do the ultrasound after my hand felt great but got more stiff as time passed the last time she did it.

Any thoughts? Oh.. and she told me to sleep with my entire arm(s) straight - and to wrap a towel and duct tape them into a splint. Any ideas on how to do this so I can acutally sleep and go to the bathroom when needed ?

Thank you
luna11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote