View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa in Ohio View Post
Hi! I am so happy to meet you but so sad to meet you with RSD. This is really a life-changing disease and it is difficult to explain it to others. There is a good thread going that occurred earlier this year with some really good answers. My family does not understand but I have gotten my adult kids to read some of the posts on this board after I force fed them this link and guilted them into reading some of the posts. I too would urge you to find a good psychologist to work with, mine has really helped me a lot, and no they are not only there for "crazy people", they are there to help people like us who have difficult problems. I have had many therapies, injections and many surgeries on my arm(before the RSD diagnosis). I have atrophy in my left forearm and have to wear a wrist brace constantly- it is my "fashion" accessory. As to if we get better, we get different. I think that maybe God had a different plan for me than what I had for myself. I have learned to appreciate the good days, to cope through the bad days, and sleep through the horrific ones! Meanwhile, since I have been unable to work, I have almost attained my college degree, spent more time with my parents and kids, welcomed God more deeply into my life and become a more compassionate person. I am glad you have found this site, there are many wonderful angels here that will help you through this process. Your friend, Lisa
Just wanted to note, that using a brace on a RSD effected limb is generally considered a bad thing...
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (05-13-2010), Kakimbo (05-14-2010), loretta (05-13-2010)