View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernclay2 View Post
I want to say thank you to Lit Love and Finz for posting the helpful CRPS links. I very much appreciate the help and effort.

I will sometimes take an immediate release Opioid when the sweats and chills are very bad. It’s not my first choice since I try to stay within my Opioid limits, but they are available if I am going out of my mind with the sweats and chills and elevated pain.

There is one last thing that I have found very helpful, though it may sound strange, and that is exercise. When I am well enough, and the pain is not out of control, I exercise by walking on a treadmill. I have found over time, that if I am able to walk on the treadmill 2 or 3 times in a week, my overall sweats and chills are not as bad. When I am actually on the treadmill it invariably sets off a severe sweats and chills episode, and I have to change clothes while I am exercising or the chills pain is too severe to continue. But during the rest of the week my overall sweats and chills are reduced. I know it may sound strange but it’s the truth.

I hope this may have been helpful to some of you. God Bless You All.
Bernclay-
1. You're welcome!

2. The exercise is helping your sympathetic sytem to normalize, so yes, this makes perfect sense.

3. Do you prefer to be undermedicated? I'm curious how often you're taking IR?
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote