View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I did the elbow/arms straight thing...luckily I didn't need it for too long..

I took a kitchen towel and wrapped it around my elbow area can't recall if I had folded it once or not- I guess play around and see how it works best for you,
I used some large safety pins first and then got some stretchy elastic medical wrap - that was better.

I wa sable to slip mine on & off so I didn't have to redo it all every nite.

I just used enough padding to keep it semi straight- not super straight- just as a reminder to not bend.
plus my elbows were sensitive to touching the bed- pressure so padding helped for that too.

For sure don't let them press you into turning anything up if you feel it is too much already, they don't know how it feels.

Do you get delayed pain?
like a hours or a day after something extra strenuous?
quite common.

oh and ask PT if she knows how to check your top rib & collar bone.

After I was mostly recovered, I would still flare up easily after using my arms very much.
I finally went to an advanced PT guy that i found on my own, and he did an evaluation for me and when i mentioned how I was feeling like my collarbones were pulling into my throat- he did this maneuver that dropped my top ribs back down to where they were supposed to be!
The severe spasms pulled them up and they stuck like that... made the area much more closed off and caused the uses problems.

I went home that day and did some yard work with no problems at all! It was heaven finally. Now my chiro checks it at every appt, he only need to adjust if a few times after that and now only if I do some extra strenuous projects - now I can pretty much tell if it is acting up.

part of the hyper mobile thing...