View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Did you undergo a stellate ganglion block at the time of your second surgery? Did the second surgery help, make you worse, or change nothing?

Those meds are a small list of the many combos out there. Each of which should only be introduced one at a time, after a reasonable trial period. There is no magic formula.

What does little relief mean? What is your current pain scale on a regular day with your current meds? What was it without any medication?

What glove?

The WHY question. This a complex neurlogical disorder that has no simple fix.
If you and your family haven't accepted that this is a life altering syndrome as severe and disabling as, let's say, cancer, than that is where you need to start.

Some go into remission. That is why we undergo stellate ganglion blocks. There is that hope always early on. It is also a diagnostic tool to confirm RSD. It gives you periods to recharge without pain, or at least less pain.

At some point you'll make a decision that the effort for a certain procedure, or side effects of a medication, isn't worth the relief you receive. We all have to figure out what helps by personal trial and error.

There is no surefire cure as of today.

You can certainly learn strategies to cope with RSD. I'd suggest starting with the Stickies.
Thanks Lit Love,

1) The trigger thumb was prior to Dx of RSD but after symptoms.

2) I have taken different meds and we have had to narrow it down to what I am currently on due to side effects.

3) On a regular day using all things I have to control pain, it is 6-7.
on a good day it is a 5-6, without meds prior to blocks a def 10, without meds now range from 8 to 10 ( and I only know this because I couldn't afford to refill my meds, which I only let happen once & will never torture myself like that again!)

4) I have a glove that my OT ordered for me, it is a full length ISOTONER THERAPY GLOVE, it protects me from wind, if my kids breathe on my arm etc.

5) I have NOT accepted what it has done to me mentally and physically, I am starting to accept that it is out of my hands, that there is no cure and remission is what I must pray for daily.

I am grateful for finding this site, it is nice to have people to talk to. I am going to take what I learn and hopefully help my family understand better.
gatorsmomma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (05-12-2010), loretta (05-13-2010)