View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 05:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks

Hi,
I am taking Mestinon only. And that is because I can't decide between Prednisone and ImmunoGlobulin therapy. However, I had severe GERD this past weekend and laid off of Mestinon trying to get my stomach to settle down and susequently I had a couple of bad mg days, one eye half closed, and twitching, feeling short of breath and weak when I bend over, arms, neck, shoulders, torso muscles, hips, thighs, fatigued with any use. Crashed for 2 days and then got up Wed feeling better. Got back on Mestinon. I am going to look up Azothioprine. Thanks for your response, it makes me feel better to know others deal with this too. Kris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknerd View Post
Hi Kris,

I also have the problem with squating and bending over. It sometimes feels like my upper body is too heavy to be supported when doing these things. I also find that extreme fullness can cause the same symptoms. With the fullness, I'm guessing it's because my stomach is maybe pushing up against my diaphragm, and this is why I feel short of breath. With bending over, I think it's a combo. of diaphragm, neck/chest weakness. With squating, I think it's a bit of weakness in upper thighs, and maybe chest/shoulders?

It's definately annoying, and was really bad before. Mine has improved enough that while it's still annoying, I'm able to cope with it a bit better, and it doesn't frighten me as much anymore....Things take a lot longer to do, but they do get done, which is good!

What meds. are you taking? I'm taking a very low dose of prednisone EOD, 150 mgs of Azathioprine, and tons of mestinon...I've only been on the Azathioprine for 2-months, but I sorta feel like it's working already...Been feeling pretty good lately (MG-wise)...

Ttys, and take care!

Nicky
KrisJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote