View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default oh how bogus

Dear Bobby,

i am sorry your friends don't get it. I think it was the right thing to try to explain it to her. How sad though. And the one who thinks you should show "good will" and lose fifty pounds - HA! That just gets my goat. I think you show good will TO lose fifty pounds. I just think it isn't that easy. i tried and tried and tried to lose weight and didn't lose a single pound for a while. i have lost a little now but it seemed to have more to do with agitation than eating less and moving more. i think my metabolism must be changing right now. in general anyway, some people lose weight easier. oh and men - i read that under the same conditions, men lose weight easier than women. heck, no wonder they have a hard time understanding.

(((HUGS))) well, *I* know you have good will. I wonder if these people realize how much good will it takes sometimes just to keep going from day to day, and try and stay sane. Actually, no i don't wonder that. I know they don't realize, period.

I don't get the parents thing. I guess it just struck her that way and she got hung up on that. If she writes again about you treating her like a parent, could you suggest that perhaps giving you financial help is causing her to feel like a parent, and assure her that however you don't feel that way but you do appreciate her help. You could also say flat out the only reason you were talking to her about the dog/expenses aspect was out of respect for her assistance, which you don't take for granted and precisely because she is your friend and not a bank OR a parent.

It seems to me anyway, that she doesn't think that is her business since she got furious just for keeping her informed.

maybe you have already been through these conversations i don't know.

that is great that the building said ok to the dog, and that you have a friend who will help. Now you can just think about it and when you decide, you decide.

love

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-13-2010)