View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpRN View Post
Thanks Melody. I am going to stop at the store on the way home and pick up the benefiber. I just can't help but wonder what is going on. I have never been like this before. Yesterday for example, I even ate 2 salads, a bowl of fresh strawberries and drank 3 bottles of water. Hope the benefiber works. I don't want to go the laxative route and be tied to my house for fear it will kick in when I am not close to a bathroom!! Yikes.....
Well, you're eating like a champ, you're drinking water like a champ, but your digestive system hasn't caught up with this yet.

Keep eating and drinking and give it a few days (I mean, once you begin benefiber). I would also be taking a cup of activia or any yogurt with live cultures). Unless you are allergic to dairy. Then I can' help you. lol

But between all these things, YOUR DIGESTIVE TRACT usually kicks in and you go every day.

If not, try asking your primary care and see what he says.

I researched the benefiber (as well as other similar products), and they work by forming and stool and having it pass out so it looks like Dr. Oz says IT'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK. Like snakes or pipes.

And the stool softeners make it so you go effortlessly. No straining. We all know that one should never strain on the toilet bowl.

I've been trying to get my 78 year old friend to start taking benefiber. She NEVER goes to the bathroom. She's all stopped up and she doesn't believe in anything but laxatives. But they don't work any more on her. She's been on them for year. I tried to explain (gently) to her that when one becomes dependent on laxatives, it affects the muscle that let's you GO to the bathroom and sooner or later, you can take all the laxatives you want to take but your body won't respond. This is what I believe is happening to her and I can't imagine how uncomfortable this must be like.

But she won't believe me. Oh well, nothing I can do, but GO every morning myself.

lol

Be well and HAPPY GOING!!!

Melody
P.S Please update and let me know if the Benefiber helped you. I feel like their Goodwill ambassador lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (05-29-2010), kpRN (05-13-2010)