View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Oh...POTS is a type of PN....it is in the family of autonomic neuropathy or dysautonomia....I'm in the same boat, only my ANA finally went +.....but no specific disease.

The reason you have all those symptoms is that autonomic neuropathy affects just about every inch of your body.

Many of us have had a skin biopsy for nerve fiber density and also autonomic testing.

Why are good neuros and good rheumatologists sooooo hard to find??

Yes, you are scared....no doubt. I was really scared when all this happened and now after 6 years, I have grown to understand that abnormal is the new normal. There is nothing that surprises me. Either I over do my analysis of my symptoms or ignore pivotal ones....no happy medium. The zaps, zings, on a rocking boat, odd vision, hearing, tingling, numbness, constipation, nausea, bloating, early saiety, palpitations, and on and on, are all part of small fiber neuropathy.

Your body will feel very foreign....It is like you are in there somewhere, but, it is not you, like the you that was.....BUT you are in there, and you will find a way to cope. Because we sense ourselves in our environment via our small fiber nerves, how we perceive things changes. You can also become more autonomically aware of functions that once were ignored...you have no choice when your heart is pounding or your blood pressure drops. It is a very frightening experience.....not for the faint of heart.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote