View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa in Ohio View Post
Hi! I am so happy to meet you but so sad to meet you with RSD. This is really a life-changing disease and it is difficult to explain it to others. There is a good thread going that occurred earlier this year with some really good answers. My family does not understand but I have gotten my adult kids to read some of the posts on this board after I force fed them this link and guilted them into reading some of the posts. I too would urge you to find a good psychologist to work with, mine has really helped me a lot, and no they are not only there for "crazy people", they are there to help people like us who have difficult problems. I have had many therapies, injections and many surgeries on my arm(before the RSD diagnosis). I have atrophy in my left forearm and have to wear a wrist brace constantly- it is my "fashion" accessory. As to if we get better, we get different. I think that maybe God had a different plan for me than what I had for myself. I have learned to appreciate the good days, to cope through the bad days, and sleep through the horrific ones! Meanwhile, since I have been unable to work, I have almost attained my college degree, spent more time with my parents and kids, welcomed God more deeply into my life and become a more compassionate person. I am glad you have found this site, there are many wonderful angels here that will help you through this process. Your friend, Lisa
Lisa, this is a beautiful, compassionate, letter. One that all of us, no matter how long we have had this bear. We look for the good in each day, look for way to encourage others, in turn, lifts our spirits up Thank you for the encouragement, your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gatorsmomma (05-13-2010), Kakimbo (05-14-2010), Lisa in Ohio (05-13-2010)