View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

On the serious side....

One of my daughters is an environmental engineer....has her MS in this. She is moritified at what we are exposed to....it's bad. Way worse than any one imagines.

My sustainability group did a movie and discussion on CAFOs and we had one CAFO farmer there, and she said the poo and pee from her cows was not an issue.....they pump it underground!!! I guess she doesn't not understand water dynamics...otoh, it is how they barely make a living.....what can you say. They own the land, and we don't really protect our aquifers here.....drink at your own risk. My nitrate level is two and a half times higher than the cut off. We have to have reverse osmosis. One looks at the pastoral country side and walks into the gas station restroom where it posts warnings...'Do not use this water for infant formula!'

Last week, this praying mantis like vehicle was spraying the field across the road, while I was working outdoors......I must say, the operator stopped to let me and my dogs get in the house....but really....I wonder how necessary this all is.

Well, I digress.....I think they all have PN!

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote