View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 08:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jana,

I got a good laugh out of "a good head on your shoulders and your feet planted firmly on the ground." Metaphorically, it may be true. Literally, that's exactly what I don't have! You know, with weak neck muscles and bad balance and all...

Anyway, I've been reading some more about Pompe and related genetic metabolic disorders, and I am relieved to see that in such diseases, the CK serum is extremely elevated. I've had mine test normal. I'm sure my neuro will consider such possibilities if we still can't get find the mg antibodies, but for now my money's still on mg. It's the only disease out there that's marked by fatiguability, right? And I sure do have that.

Well! I took my kids to the zoo today. My rollator is perfect for that. Walk to the next animal, sit and look at it, walk to the next, sit for a while...a perfect system for frequent rests! My rollator works so well for me that I always think I don't need it until I try to walk without it and find myself lurching from side to side. I'm tired, but we had a great day.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote