View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 08:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

All-

thanks for responses. As i've posted, I'm a Division 1 lacrosse player, so I've had an athletic trainer and team physician working with me through out this process. I've also seen a D.O. who works with the athletes at my school. The D.O. I saw through my school told me that I had a problem with my trapezias muscle that's been in spasm for months and is therefore pulling my spine completely straight and causing the pain I'm having. He told me that with a couple weeks of PT with my athletic trainer I would be better.

Not the case! It's actually changed from my neck being the worst to now my back. I've done physical therapy, active release, muscle energy techniques done by both the team D.O. and another D.O. I saw for a second opinion. The second D.O. mentioned Alexander work, but I haven't done the proper research on it yet.

I just had my appointment with the Drs. down in Buffalo concerning my concussion and they suspect most of my problems are now stemming from my neck and not so much any lingering brain damage. They suggested I get with a good PT/chiropractor who knows what they are doing with the neck.

I'm going to be home in the DC area for the summer and was wondering if anyone out there could recommend any reputable chiropractors or physical therapists.

Thanks again for all your responses. This has been the best support system I've had through these 7 1/2 months.

Erica
erica21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote