View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi and welcome, tho I am so sorry that you are here for this reason!

I did just want to ask if your son has had strep infections?

the reason I ask is because so many children seem to get a mental illness diagnosis when it is possible that the symptoms they display may be caused by inflammation in the brain as a result of untreated strep, a condition that is beginning to get more attention known as P.A.N.D.A.S= pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcus

i am not saying this is the case with your child, but a lot of what you describe is what parents of kids with this condition call "the exorcist syndrome"...where a kid literally acts as tho "possessed".

so I just mention it whenever anyone has a very young child exhibiting these symptoms...in case!
you can learn more about PANDAS here
http://www.pandasnetwork.org/

Other members here know more about bipolar in children so perhaps they can also give you the info you need on that

all the best and I do hope you find out what is causing all this and the best ways to treat.

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.