Thread: BBB dysfunction
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:07 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Elementary, my dear Aleks

Actually, it is simple only in retrospect.
In the case of both immune and endocrine involvement, cytokines and hormones serve their respective systems as messengers. They are also neuroactive - they act as neurotransmitters and affect our normal abilities. This is in addition to the damage to the SN. The latter is a chronic situation while the former is an acute.

About two years ago, Ron Hutton gave us a demonstration of this when an infected tooth made him near helpless for two weeks. His immune system's cytokines laid him low.

I myself have just performed a similar demonstration of the ability of the endocrine system to do the same thing via hormones in response to extreme stress.

In both cases it was the body's reaction that did the deed, not the outside force.

If an antibiotic has an antiinflammatory effect, it can block further production of the cytokines. Anecdotal reports of such action exist for amoxicillin and penicillin VK. Minocycline has also been used.

Given how absurdly simple it would be to determine if it warranted further study, what possible reason could justify not doing so?
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote