View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hahahahaha, Abby -- good one!! And, I WAS speaking figuratively -- not literally.

I am happy that it looks like you don't have Pompes or any other genetic disorders. You may just have MG with an odd presentation -- like you suspect. The fatiguability does seem to be the defining factor. My first symptom was not being able to whistle -- and it took almost TWO YEARS before anyone could figure out that MG was the cause. They (the docs) seem to ALWAYS want to look for a drooping eyelid or double vision.

If your doc had said hip girdle weakness rather than trunk muscle weakness I would have IMMEDIATELY said MG. And, to be honest, from the way you describe your walking, it SOUNDS like hip girdle weakness. Just a simple difference in semantics makes a difference in potential diagnosis.

I do that lurching thing when I go to our local Wal-mart. Something about the air quality (I think the return vent is near the pesticides) -- within 5 minutes of stepping foot inside the door, I am dragging my left foot and that makes me stagger like a DRUNK!

I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a rollator!