View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I spoke to Dr. Fred and to the guy who's doing the spinal tap. They both feel it was probably a mistake (the 38 reading). Because he has no other symptoms of low-blood sugar and looks great and other than the PN, seems to be doing splendidly (going to the gym, etc), they are not concerned and the plan was to run another Glucose test and insulin level test at Alan's next visit.

Oh, he just came home from the gym at 4 p.m. (He met up with Dr. Fred there). He ate his muffin there and I tested him the moment he walked in the door, his sugar was 95. The muffin was his lunch.

He agreed tomorrow to take the glucose tablets. No tropicana drink, I know.
So if each tablet is 4 grams of carbs, I gather I give him 12 tablets with alot of water, correct? then take his sugar every 30 minutes. He'll be watching tv so no yoga, or anything. I'll mark everything down, then post.

getting exciting isn't it.?????

So he goes to the gym earlier, meets up with Dr. Fred who asks him "hows the spinal tap going, are you all set?" and Alan asks "yeah, but I'm concerned that I can't keep my legs still while lying down for 4 hours" Dr. Fred told him to take more cymbalta (I have no idea how much) but they discussed it and Alan said that's fine. So Alan should be okay after the spinal.

Dr. Fred is lifting 120 lbs of weights with a sore shoulder and Alan says "what's wrong, you look like you're in pain"? and Dr. Fred says "well, I have tendonitis in my shoulder and Alan says "AND YOU'RE LIFTING WEIGHTS??" Dr. Fred said "well, I wanted to get a workout in on my lunchhour, stupid huh?" Alan laughed. Imagine, Alan is telling his primary care guy not to lift so much weights. Mr Bodybuilder here went to his yoga class where the teacher stood on her head did a split and the whole class applauded. She then turned to the class and said "You guys are going to be doing this soon". When Alan told me that I nearly fell off the chair. I said : "Alan, you will most certainly not stand on your head,(at least not until we get every single test result back) Then I don't care if he stands on his head or stands on his you know what!!!!!

So I shall update the glucose thing tomorrow afternoon.

bye for now and thanks for all the info.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote