Thread: Help Please
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Does the chiropractor use the attenuator on you ? ( It looks like an old fashioned metal hypodermic) Some chiros use it to 'open the intervertebral spaces" so that sublaxations move easier and don't get 'locked.'

If so, don't let him do that anymore ! It can press right on the offending nerves and aggravate the problem.

Burning pain is often nerve pain....and sudden profuse sweating goes with the abnormal thermoregulation of nerves misfiring.

If you have 'positional menopause' (sorry....but stupid docs who refuse to take our complaints seriously because we are middle aged women irritate me to no end), I'm assuming that you are in the general range of 40 and up. If this were a quiz named 'diagnose the newbie' I'm leaning towards arthritic changes of the spine which are not pinching the nerves in neutral position, like laying on your back in bed (which is coincidentally the same position you were most likely in during the MRI and EMG) but ARE causing nerve root impingement when you bend or turn the wrong way. Your doc could order a kinematic MRI which looks at your spine when it is turned in a way that exacerbates your symptoms. He can also order a provocative EMG to try to see what the nerves are doing while you are having symptoms.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote