View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4thebest View Post
My P.C. doc is weaning me off neurontin to try a new med in its place (topomax)..
I thought to myself, (sheesh, I can still think...) since I am weaning off the Neurontin maybe I'll try and not take any meds at all and see if I can tolerate it...
But, then I wonder if this could cause spread!
Has anyone tried Topomax?

To med or not to med...that is the question
Cold turkey or brain fog??

Hugs from Hope4thebest
Dear H4tB -

Short of agressive therapies (and BTW Dr. Richeiner has applied to USC for permission to do ketamine infusions there - following Dr. Schwartzman's protocals - and USC always takes insurance) I don't think that much of what we do effects the march of the Big Brain Fog.

Sure didn't with me, and I hit it with almost everything I could, although I sure wish Cal. law would have allowed RUL ECT for CRPS; I had an in-patient treatment using ketamine as the general anesthetic all lined up before the higher ups in the psychiatry dept. put the kibosh on it. Current Dx: organic brain damage 310.1

And looking at Schwartzman's article, I figure either we get it (in various degrees) or we don't. http://www.rsds.org/2/library/articl...ychol_2010.pdf

C'est la garre.

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cindi1965 (05-16-2010), hope4thebest (05-15-2010), Kakimbo (05-14-2010), wswells (05-17-2010)