View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 05:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Are there any studies done on people who don't respond normally to medication??

I was told years ago that my sister found a study that 7% of people don't respond to medication. I would love to find that or any other study.

My situation in a nutshell is that even VERY large doses of most meds do absolutely nothing OR they do the exact opposite. While in the hospital, they discovered that Valium wakes me up and RAISES my blood pressure. Sleeping meds wake me up also. Imitrex with Caffeine is the only thing I know that occassionally makes me drowsy and neither of those are supposed to. My neurologist laughingly put me on an upper to try to sleep. It actually worked for a while.

Back in college I learned the Nytol was what you take for an all nighter, and I could tank away a dozen drinks with no effect! That is true only of hard liquor. Wine makes me flush and sweat.

Anyway, Does anyone know of any studies about people like me or even just similar. It is very hard to explain to each and every doctor I have been to.

Thanks for any info,
Feeling alone in Miami,
Suzanne
gambles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote