View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 01:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For the first couple of years I took no pain meds, then my doctor finally talked me into it. As time went by we both realized it wasnt helping much so he started trying different and stronger meds.

Then my doctor decided not to accept my insurance amd I went cold turkey coming off some serious medications. That nearly killed me, but no spread. I didnt take another pain med for a bit over 2 years, and learned that we need to find things that distract is from thinking about pain. For me it was online gaming because of the lack of physically being able to do things.

Once I was approved for medicare I was able to get back in to see a doctor, and of course chose the one I knew amd liked the best. But this time I am only on a lower strength norco for pain, and try to balance my life with distractions and meds.

The spread seems to happen whenever, or where ever it wants and nothing we do can stop it. Just try not to get physically injured because that seems to cause it to spread to the injured area.

Hope this helps

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cindi1965 (05-16-2010), hope4thebest (05-15-2010), Kakimbo (05-14-2010)