View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I dont think the weed would do it.

Maybe have your blood sent to Igenex Labs for Lyme....google them.

I was extremely athletic to age 50, sprint triathlons. I could swim 500m open water, bike 20 miles in hills and run 3.2 mi in 1:51. Now a walk to the mailbox is a challenge. Looking back, I know I had it at least since age 40. I dont think I did myself any good with the extreme athletic stuff, but, I had no idea I had PN.

I agree with MRSD about infections....I would have all infectious possibilities ruled out....and send the blood to Igenex....I don't know if you have been in any areas with Lyme, but, I had it. I live in an endemic (more like epidemic) area for it. Being active and outdoors a lot, we would get ticks. (Just got one on my hubby last nite) and where we live now is not 'ticky'.

Given you had a really bad 'flu' like thing, get tested. I assume they did all the standard stuff, like HIV, Hep. B, Hep C.

Autoimmunity is the only other thing that is a possibility. They may be less inclined to do an ANA since you are male, but, I would have it done anyway. Guys do get autoimmune disease.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote