Thread: Coenzyme Q10
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 03:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default coq10

Vitaline Formulary is the manufacturing company which provided the supplement for the original study published in 2002, which showed a slowing of progression in early stages of PD. The dosage used was 1200 mgm/day

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12374491

I have read Vitaline company is giving PD patients a cost break (?) though cannot verify that statement. I do know the mitochondrial community has obtained a cost break.
In the past, I read that formulations manufactured by Tishcon were very absorbable, and a pharmacist friend maintained (several yrs ago now) that Sam's brand of coq10 was also "absorbable enough".
We have had to change formulations due to development of nausea with chewable forms of coQ10. At present, my husband uses Walgreens's brand of CoQ10 400 mgm capsules (these are the easiest to swallow for him). I have no idea the absorbability or purity of the product.

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote