View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
In south Florida they would hand you a piece of paper of all the homeless shelters in the area if you couldn't afford rent. There was no section 8 housing. I can't remember any agencies that helped people pay rent. I know because I use to help people fight eviction, even if it was a slum lord, they would evict you if you didn't put the rent money in the court registry.The only ones that would help would be the Red Cross, if you had a fire or storm damage, they would help you out for 3 days. It's been a couple of years, I hope things changed.

http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page/po...tal_assistance

You said there was no section 8 housing in south Florida. The facts are that there is indeed section 8 housing in South Florida. Section 8 housing does not guarantee granite counter tops in the kitchens of the most desirable neighborhoods. The purpose is to help those who are truely desperate. Section 8 can't afford to put everyone up in decent neighborhoods. I believe a goal , like with Welfare, is that people will try to better their situation and move out.

It is unfortunate for those of us who are disabled and have no way to better our situation.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote