View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:32 AM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post

You said there was no section 8 housing in south Florida. The facts are that there is indeed section 8 housing in South Florida. Section 8 housing does not guarantee granite counter tops in the kitchens of the most desirable neighborhoods. The purpose is to help those who are truely desperate. Section 8 can't afford to put everyone up in decent neighborhoods. I believe a goal , like with Welfare, is that people will try to better their situation and move out.

It is unfortunate for those of us who are disabled and have no way to better our situation.
I was taking about to help pay rent. There were no agencies that helped pay rent or utilities. The people that I was trying to help didn't want granite counters, just a roof that didn't leak, and hot water, a stove little things like that. Jeb Bush would get by this law by giving money to landlords to fix their houses to qualify for section 8. Of course the landlords had no intention of renting to people who qualified for section 8, because there weren't any, that I knew of. In an article I read they claim that over 8,000 people got section 8 well there is over 5 million people in south Florida. The people on Welfare didn't have enough to eat never the less move out. It was so depressing, I had to move. I can't blame Jeb Bush all together because the people could have voted him out, they kept him in and the government along with the agencies kept shrinking and shrinking. There is nothing worse than having to tell a disabled vet ( especially the ones with kids) that I can't help him or her. They would have to go to a homeless shelter, or a relatives house, a lot of them would buy a van and live in there. I really hope things get better for you finz.
Here is an article,as of 2009.
http://www.wpbha.org/housing/section-8/index.htm

ELIGIBILITY

http://section-8housing.info/elegibility
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote