View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 02:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lil Love,

Now it looks like legalmania is making this about helping people to pay their rent where they live, which is not how section 8 works.

This thread was about helping people find any kind of financial help while waiting for SSDI, including subsidized housing. The government subsidies will most likely require someone move to a different apartment building....whether that be accross town or a few towns over. I do not doubt that many are in less than desirable areas. It sounds a little cruel to say "beggars can't be chosers" but the whole point of the program is that it's better than nothing.

When I was in my 20's, while saving up for my condo, I rented an apartment in a complex that had a few section 8 units. My mother had a cow that I was moving to the low rent district Of course, she had no issue when I got married and we owned investment property and rented to section 8 tennants

I just want any readers in south Florida to know that there is section 8 housing available in that area. I know this for a fact. Not just from the multiple listing that anyone can see online by googling section 8 and south Florida, but because I am looking at investment property in that area. Many of my relatives go to Pompano Beach every year.....I'm looking at condos there for only $30,000 to $50,000 ! You couldn't buy a house on my street for less than $400,000......some of the prices in Florida are a steal. The point of that is......same town that people chose to vacation in and some of the buildings I am looking at have section 8 tennants in them. When I pick one, I will most likely rent it to a section 8 tennant (as a landlord, the rent is guaranteed to be paid from section 8 as opposed to a 'regular' tennant who might not pay then you have to go through expensive eviction proceedings) until I am ready to move down there.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote