Thread: Venting.
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 06:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Tyson,

I think that if you lived in my house, or if one of my kids got MG or something similar, I would find someone else to babysit. You have enough going on in your life that you don't need this responsibility. (I suppose an exception to this is if your aunt and uncle don't have enough money to pay for babysitting, then I see the justification in asking you, but still they should treat you with respect and understanding.)

I know I am having a hard time doing everything I am supposed to. I used to have everything in my life organized including my house and I was always on time to every event...now with MG my room is a mess too and I only clean the house when I have to...I am not so organized now because I just can't keep up with everything. And it seems like I am always calling people with excuses why I just can't make it on time (or at all). Everything I do takes more time than I expect it to.

I feel bad for my kids, since they have to do more work around the house because of my MG and also we don't do as many fun things as we used to.

I don't think those of us with MG have any choice other than to slow down our lives and do less.

And my MG is not as bad as yours from what I can tell, although I do have many bad days, I haven't had to go to the hospital. I think your aunt should be more understanding and give you time to heal and figure out how to live with MG. I understand her frustration, but that doesn't justify giving you extra responsibilities and yelling at you. It is not your fault that you have MG.

I hope your aunt and uncle learn about how MG effects you so they can be more understanding.

Take care of yourself.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote