View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 07:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tos8,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having more sz. You might want to ask your Dr. to do a CBC (complete blood count) and also do a drug level test. I know when I was taking both Depakote and Tegretol sometimes the drug levels would drop for no reason. Another thing that could be happening is that you may be having more sz. in the spring and summer than in the fall and winter. This is known as seasonal sz. A lot of it has to do with the amount of seriton and light you see in a day. Take note of the weather and if there's a low pressure often this will trigger sz. for many people. If you are still having problems smelling things that other people can't smell this is known as an aura or simple partial sz. I will often smell natural gas, or deviled eggs when this happens. It's weird but it is a sz. believe it or not. Here's wishing you well and my advice to you is to see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center to get the best help. You can usuallly find thest Drs. at University Hospitals. Good Luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote