View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
There is a site on the web my husband really likes and this link is from Kim's Komando site for another player...

http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=2187

You might try this one, Mel. Sometimes it is slow, so be patient.
If you click her bio link first, then often you can get into the downloads section more easily. This is a very popular and well thought of website for tech help. Her bio is very interesting too and worth reading.
Okay, here's what happened. I went to the komando .com link that you provided and downloaded MPlayer for Windows. It's there on my screen as a desktop icon. I can open it up, (so I know it's installed).

I put in my avatar dvd, and all the options came up, Real Player, Windows Media Center, VLC, etc, BUT NO MPLAYER.

So I went to my computer, found Avatar and right clicked and it did not give me the option of opening this up in MPlayer

So how can I have Mplayer on my computer but it doesn't give me the option of using it?

And I tried to play the Avatar again using the VLC, and guess what? It worked. I played Avatar, BUT....when I went to find the chapter that I had left off (right in the middle of Avatar), the whole screen changed, (with lines on it) so no more avatar.

THEN I FOUND THIS SITE.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Now can I download this thing, and will it replace the media center I have, is it free, and will it THEN allow me to view my dvds.

I also tried to play the disney dvd in VLC, and sure enough, it played for 5 minutes, but then it stopped and the whole screen went off.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Melody

I'm going to try and uninstall the VLC and try re-installing it.

But please ask your son what the heck I can further do to watch Avatar.

thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote