View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
There is a site on the web my husband really likes and this link is from Kim's Komando site for another player...

http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=2187

You might try this one, Mel. Sometimes it is slow, so be patient.
If you click her bio link first, then often you can get into the downloads section more easily. This is a very popular and well thought of website for tech help. Her bio is very interesting too and worth reading.

Okay, new news.

I went to the computer place where I had my motherboard replaced, told the guy what happened, and he said "oh, what probably happened is we didn't install a decoder". So I said 'well, can you give me disc with it on, and tell me how to do it?

He said "no, you don't need to do that, I'll show you, you need to download CODEC. And he took me over to his computer, went to this site

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

and told me that they will validate that I have authentic windows software and it will prompt me to download a codec decoder.

I told him to copy and paste this link and email it me.

I returned home, checked my email, saw what he sent to me, clicked on it. I got validated, I downloaded whatever it said to download

Initially I got this message

"'windows Media player 10. This version of Windows Media technology is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more info view the info at Microsoft website".

So I checked to see what version of Media player I had by going to Control Panel and looking at add and remove programs and it indicated I had Windows Media Player 11.

So I then went back to codec and downloaded

FFDShow which is a codec pack.

I have no idea what this means, but I assumed I was downloading a dvd decoder thingee.

Well, I did the installation, it installed, I rebooted.

And when i put in Avatar and chose Windows Media Center, I get "you have no decoder".

And when i click on the option Windows Media Player, WELL IT COMES UP, but it tells me to check my resolution and lower it. I did this.

Nothing happened, so I restored my resolution to what it was before.

So what do I do now.

the guy said I needed a codec decoder. I downloaded a codec decoder. So what did I do wrong?

I'm still DOOOOOOOMEEED

lol

Melody,

P.S. I really am trying here.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote