View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 10:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default We can still make a difference....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith View Post
Hi, Soccertese,

I'm currently taking 25/100 sinemet at 8 am, 1 pm, 6 pm, and 11 pm.

I was on requip (2 mg x 4) for quite a long time, but I was a zombie on it (sleepy all the time), and had added amantadine artane,and eldepryl at various times. Once I switched to sinemet my symptoms improved a lot. I started at 3 doses a day but increased to 4 to control tremor. I haven't had to increase my dosage of sinemet for several years.

I am still taking nortriptyline for depression.

Judith
Welcome to the spotlight! You have made quite a first post because it hits an important point that many newly diagnosed PWP might not know...taking large doses of an agonist and suffering because of it is not the way it has to be...

When I read your post, I was struck by how you were able to maintain your positive attitude despite how inadequately other doctors were treating you.
You show that although we might feel rather helpless at times, attitude is one thing we can still control and that it can affect our health. I cringe when I read of PWP, especially younger onset, who suffer needlessly for years because their doctors believe that Sinemet must be spared until one is near bed-ridden. I am hoping that others out there will see your post and hold their doctors to a little higher standard as well!

Thanks for this and hope you continue to share!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote