View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 12:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Myastinia Gravis

Hi Katie, I was diagnosed with MG in my arms a few years ago, side effects from meds were not worth it. I found that the less activities I do, the less the symtoms bother me. I pray things work out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathie Glenn View Post
I am writing to vent and thank those of you in advance for reading this. Just had another SFEMG (one yr after initial one for that diagnosed mg) and the doctor said it showed no signes of mg spreading into my body. To this point only my vision has been affected. Lately (last month or so) my legs have felt very, very heavy and weak as water. They feel like they can't hold me up or want to buckle. I have gained 40 pounds over the past 16 months while on Prednisone, CellCept and now Mestinon. I know that is a lot of weight for someone who initially weighed 130 pounds. And I know weak and heavy feeling in the legs can be a side effect of CellCept. BUT, I can't help but be concerned about the weakness in the legs and the feeling that they are going to buckle on me. Going up and down steps scares me. Have any of you had this experience, and if so, what did you find out from your sources about it? All of this is leaving me very depressed. My job was even changed at work - a career I had worked at for the past 25 years to a minimal administrative job that anyone could do. I feel it was done because of my illness. At a time when I need to be built up mentally, I have been put down and made to feel useless. Can anyone relate and how did you handle it. Part of me says that is what I needed - less stress at work. The other part of me says I need to keep busy and forced to think to take my mind off how I am feeling.

I hope someone can give me some words of wisdom. Thanks.

Kathie
GratefulHickman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote