View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I spend a lot of time starting to put refrigerated things in the pantry and vise-versa. My wife has learned to not be surprised when she finds something in an odd location.

My strangest quirk is when I am using something on an extension cord, like a power drill. If I need to switch to another tool, I will have to disconnect the power drill from the extension cord and plug the other tool onto the extension cord.

The problem is, I will disconnect the power drill and drop the end of the extension cord. I realize this when the two male plugs ends of the power drill and the other tool will not fit together. I can be aware of this and try to not do it and do it anyway.

Cordless tool are so much easier to use, even if I cut fingers off with them.

I call these times, brain farts.

When I cut my finger off, honestly, it did not hurt. As my buddy was driving me to the hospital, he was running red lights, etc. At the ER, he asked if he should call my wife. I said to tell her I cut the end of my little finger off.

He gets my wife on the phone and says, "I'm at the ER with Mark. He cut the tip of his little finger off."
She replied " I'm not surprised."

It was Memorial Day weekend. The ER doc just cleaned my finger and put a dressing on it. I had to come back the next Wed for a surgeon to close it up. Almost $4000 to fix a finger.

She knows that if I am going to the ER, it is because I cut or broke some body part, never illness.

My damaged brain is very sensitive to chemicals. I once got a code three ambulance ride to the ER when I inhaled some solvent from ABS/PVS glue.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (05-16-2010)