Old 05-16-2010, 10:53 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
Hi WildBiogirl,

it has not caught on with other docs and there must be a reason why.

Tam is right Filler is a cash doc. .

Hope this helps.
Firstly, I NEVER go to a doctor or have a procedure done until I call the number on the back of the card for my insurance(s) and get a prior authorization. Now this can be a simple fax. Usually they refuse to give a written authorization to me, but they usally WILL give something in writing straight to the doctor's office, if you can get the two connected. I have been burned waaay to many times to trust the people verbally as later they will say, (and it's in your contract), that you will contact your insurance yourself first. The treatment may not even be of the type that the insurance would cover at all! So BE CAREFUL when it comes to preauthorizations, and Dr. Filler is a great example since he ONLY takes cash, and often your own insurance won't allow payment outside of your own group designation.

Why is this important? So you don't end up with a $40,ooo bill and you're trying to minimize it and make deals...ugh! And you can't heal if you have a huge bill looming like that.

The other issue of why the other docs haven't picked
up with his imaging, I have heard around the court rooms why. I have heard others say that: "he is too expensive and isn't worth what he finds compared to other doctors MRIs. 2 - no one "see" the abnormalities that he's trying to point out - not the patients nor the doctor. 3 Many doctors prefer ONLY to work with their pet imagers, as that's what they're used to - so,...
I always wish you my best, and my best to everyone.

Have a great time with Cyn and would you girls mind calling me when you're here? Maybe fiance can drive me over to meet you. I would be delighted!!!
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote