View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 11:13 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

This started as a question about RSD, but I think it fits many situations:

Ok, here's what I did:

I upped my Ativan and gave myself my breakthrough amount of Dilaudid.

Then, I took one dose of baby Bendadryl. (I used to love it for this, BUT, it started a restless leg, leg pain thing and my injury is basically the right side.

Funny, how we stop eating "real food", as I now drink Glucerna with milk added, and Gatorade, as well as freshened water.

On the other site I warned about the pitfalls of not staying on schedule with your regular meds - a doctor and I discussed - and I mean just discussed the importance of making a topical that works for each individual, so that you can go off or go down on your meds, and that included mixing:

pain relief - such as dilaudid pills, just a few for a large container of cold cream

a very, very small bit of steriod,

an inti-inflammatory,

things good for the skin such as Vit D and Aloe, etc.

Well, I talked to my pain mgt. doctor about it and he put it in my reporr that I was mixing drugs for a topical and the work comp then refused all of my meds!!! (We have a date for trial on this.) So not only did I not do it, but they accused me of being an opiod addict and that it is called a "Las Vegas cocktail" when you mix up heroin and coke and get high...

I was VERY upset with my doc for not listening to me, but now, it created a need for the attorney and a hearing and just to get my bare minimum meds I've had to pay cash!!!

Outrageious, don't you think??? And this was MY doctor!!!

I think many of "our" doctors (not on the list), but ones we choose, are really insurance protectors and have no regard for our pain. I really do.

Thank you for your reply, and I hope that my reply may help others, also.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote