View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 05:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarabelle View Post
I'm just having such a hard time. Crying as I type this because I really don't know what else to do. I haven't been able to hang out with friends in 3 months now, and I know I'm really wearing my mom out, as she has to be the one taking care of me.

What's frustrating is how doctors always send you to a different doctor, and they all have their opinions on what it is. When they find out I have a past of depression and anxiety, they tell me to take more antidepressants and to "relax" and that stress will make it worse/ No kidding! I can't work, I can't pay for things, I can't shop for myself, I can't fill my days with anything productive and I can barely entertain myself. This is hell...it's absolute hell. I'm hanging on because I could never do the alternative as it would destroy my mother. But things just feel worse and worse as time goes on.

I stopped wanting to eat over a week ago, after a bad bout with acid reflux. Now if I eat anything it feels terrible and my throat feels like somebody is choking it. I can swallow, but it feels funny. I'm having an Upper GI done Thursday. I also might have Sleep Apnea because a couple nights ago when I was just about asleep I awoke gasping for air, something new.

Will this ever go away? I know that nobody can answer that. My newest neuro (one of the best in the city, supposedly) said he wasn't even sure it was post-concussion because he's not sure that when I fell I got a true concussion. Then why have I been told that by countless doctors.

I should also add that I've been emetophobic my whole life. So I'm afraid of vomiting. It's gotten a little better as I've gone through early adulthood but it's still there.

I've read that Meneire's Disease is progressive and often dibilitating. I'm afriad that if it's what I have I'll start getting vertigo. Then i truly won't know what to do.

Current symptoms, all happening progressivelyafter fall on ice February 19th:

-weird sensation in head when eyes are closed and close to sleep...no one can tell me what this is but it's very scary, and only happens when lying backand eyes are closed.

-daily dizziness, sometimes intense lightheadedness that seems to come from center of head

-head pressure varying in intensity...behind nose, eyes, between ears

-ears feel more senstive to pressure changes, like popping. Have on and off tinnitus. Last Friday, right ear felt very full for a few hours.

-extreme sound senstivity

-frequent headaches not helped by Advil

-unbalanced in the dark

-intense heartburn and choking feeling in throat all of the time

-worsened insomnia

-horrible anxiety and depression, bleakness

So all of that stuff and no real, true diagnosis. I feel really helpless. I feel really alone.
Hi!
I had your symptoms for about 2 weeks after my last concussion (which truly was MINOR!). This concussion however sent me over the edge. I had a previous concussion supposedly not "healed out".

You have been the same now for 3 months? What was the incident?

I really have to say one thing to you. That is about stress. Stress caused about 300% intensified symptoms for me. If your brains is injured you want to keep the activity as low as possible. Stress sets the brain to another gear that makes it much more active.

The heartburn sounds like a PURE anxiety-issue. You shouldnt worry abour that.

And this is the key...I know this is so ****ing hard but you have to try. Try to FOR NOW accept your situation and look forward.

You have to accept that it is gonna be hell for some time more, but then it will get better.

I am 2 years post-injury and just recently have I started to improve! (Getting rid of the "acutephase-hell" that I went through is not included here).

Emil
rydellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote