View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Jo and Mrs. D.

I decided to do a search on my computer for the codec thing that I downloaded the other day. I found it and clicked on install and I got this message:

THE CODEC PACKAGE FOR 7+ PLAYER HAS BEEN INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY.

Then I get the following message:

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 10
This version of Windows Media Player is incompatible with this version of Windows.

Then it gives me a link to go to a specific website.

I went here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...Downloads.aspx

Now here's my dilemma. I obviously have Windows Media Player 11 because when I went to Control Panel, add and remove programs, that's the only media player that was there and it said "Windows Media Player 11".

So what is this little message telling me about Windows Media Player 10? Is it telling me I should have 10, and that' why this codec thing is not working. Did I download the wrong codec player? What is 7+

I am thoroughly confused.

But I am going to do what Jo suggested and go and try and fine this WMP settings and try and find where it says "get codec automatically"

UPDATE, UPDATE UPDATE.

I found the Tools, Options, and where it says "get codecs automatically", and it WAS checked. It also asked me when I wanted updates and I checked 'daily", instead of once a week.

Now how do I go about getting the correct CODEC?

THANKS MUCH
Melody

And Mrs. D. Before the computer guy changed my motherboard, everything worked FINE. I played dvds just fine.
thanks much

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 05-16-2010 at 10:43 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote