View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jim,

It must be a bear of a task to try and get through the red tape of an employer who employees 350,000 people. When I was able to work full time I was a business/software consultant and had a to deal with many difficult problems for clients with insurance companies, goverments agencies etc. That was some time ago. I know things are so different today. I do work PT. I have one very small business I consult for and even though it is small the problems are the same. What I try and do when I have to deal with something that I know is going to be insane, thats the only word I could thnk of, I attack it like they are going to attack me...It sounds like you have covered all your bases I wish I had some advise. The only thing I can think of is when I was going through the same process my case manager at the SS Office was really a great help. Again, I did not have a lot of issues it just took almost 3 years. I also live in a very small rural area so when you walk into the office, most days, there's only 5 people sitting there.

It is very kind of you to help you wife in this way. I have friends who suffer with other type of issues and the husbands are just mean... I am also lucky my husband has supported me from the beginning. I am not going to say it's wasn't stressfull at times but we made it.

Again, good luck and keep us all posted.

Last edited by Jomar; 05-18-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: quoted portion removed per privacy -requested
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote