View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay, NOW GET READY TO REALLY BE CONFUSED.

I tried to play my dvd in the regular CD rom drive (which is located right under the lightscribe thing). By the way, before I changed motherboards, I ONLY PLAYED DVDS in the lightscribe thing and I never had a problem

so just now I did as you suggested. I took a Disney DVD and put it in the CD rom drive. NOTHING HAPPENED. I then went to my computer and it didn't even register as being in the CD from drive.

This is what it says on the My computer screen.

Local Drive - C Local Drive D

Devices with removable storage

DVD-RW DRIVE E CD DRIVE - F REMOVABLE DISC - G

REMOVABLE DISK-H REMOVABLE DISK - I REMOVABLE DISC - J

So essentially I have two local drives. C and D
A dvd rewritable drive, a cd drive

and 4 Removable disc drives (whatever the heck this is I have no idea).

I do remember one thing. When I did the motherboard thing and the guy put everything back so I would not have to re-format my hard drive, he told me I partitioned your hard drive, you now have two hard drives.

I have no idea what this means, or what it does.

I go on the internet, with no problem. I go into my word processing software with no problem. I use my webcam with no problem.

But I cannot play dvds anywhere (because I don't have a dvd decoder codecs thingee).

that much I know.

So I want to know exactly which codecs thingee that I have to download so it will hook up with my Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center (or wherever codecs belongs), so I can once again play my AVATAR.

Thanks much
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote